I have been waiting for this track since Prydz played at Ultra last year and now the wait is almost over. Last night Zane Lowe played Eric Prydz’s edit of CHVRCHES’s “Tether” as “The Hottest Record in The World” and it most certainly is! “Tether” has all of Prydz signature touches and together with the original vocal it creates an absolute euphoric atmosphere. Out the 29th of march.
Eric Prydz & CHVRCHES – Tether
Deep House was the most popular genre on Beatport last year and triumphal progress seems to continue in 2015. I have handpicked some of my favorite deep house tracks from the last couple of months, hope you dig them as well!
Fat Sushi – Warehouse
Dear David – I've Been Waiting (Umek & Mike Vale Remix)
ODESZA – Bloom (Lane 8 Remix)
Redondo & Ferreck Dawn – Something Else
One of the biggest Size Records artists, Max Vangeli had, just like the rest of Size, an amazing 2014. We only just stepped into 2015 and Max and Size looks to continue their success. Today Vangelis track “You & Me” is out on Size Records, first premiered by Vangeli himself on Steve Angellos rescidency on BBC Radio 1. “You & Me” has featured a great vocal work from an unknown female vocalist and a uplifting drop which suits the heart warming vocals perfectly.
Buy on Beatport
Max Vangeli – You And Me
There is so many new tracks out for free download these days and a lot of them are really quality productions, which easily could climb the beatport charts. An example is Arno Cost and Norman Dorays disco inspired track called “Paradisco” released for free, like all the other tracks from Kryders label Sosumi Records. Check out the quality freebies below.
As 2014 is coming to an end, it is time to look back at the last 12 months in the electronic music industry. It has been a year with a lot of new stuff happening. “Deep House” music ruled the Beatport charts, Kygo stepped into the big stage with tropical vibes, Oliver Heldens and Tchami blew everyone away with their “Future House” style. This is just some of my personal highlights. what do you think of 2014 from a electronic music perspective? Below you can see my favorite track, remix, record label and artist from 2014.
Track of the year:
I have been following Dimitri Vangelis and Wyman for a lot of years and i had been waiting for “Payback” in such a long time and when it finally got released in april it was even bigger than i thought. “Big Room Perfection”. “Payback” was closely followed by Ten Wall’s “Walking With Elephants”, ZHU’s “Faded”, Cazzette’s “Sleepless” and Deorro’s “Don’t Hold Me Back”.
Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman X Steve Angello – Payback
Remix of the year:
“Tokyo By Night” in the Axwell remix was a legendary track even before it was released. People following Axtone and Axwell closely, heard it the first time in 2010 and had been waiting ever since. When i was released, it was worth the wait! Axwell’s “Tokyo By Night” remix was closely followed by Zedd’s remix of “Rude”, Flume’s remix of “Tennis Court”, Audien’s remix of “Slave To The Rhytm” and Kygo’s remix of “Cut Your Teeth”.
Hook N Sling Feat. Karin Park – Tokyo By Night (Axwell Remix)
Record Label of the year:
Steve Angello’s “SIZE Records” is my record label of the year. So many releases comparing to earlier years and still so much quality!
Artist of the year:
Oliver Heldens has been blowing me away past 2014. The tracks he made before “Gecko” was nothing special, but after his change of style he has been delivering quality productions on a string with “Koala” as my favorite. Heldens was closely followed by Tchami, Kygo and Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman as my artist of the year.
The last year, young Canadian Elkoe has been doing very well in the genre Kygo and Thomas Jack rules. With tropical remixes of artists like “Passenger, Odeza and Bon Iver, Elkoe has had his name heard in the industry. Now the Canadian has remixed the American folk singer Joe Purdy, giving his song “Wash Away” new life. The remix is all what tropical house is about. If you like what you hear, you should check him out on facebook. The remix of “Wash Away” is up for FREE download.
Spinnin’ Records is as always releasing new tracks day after day, with a lot of mixed quality. Quantity over quality. Their sublabel on the other hand Spinnin’ Deep is turning this round a bit. A couple of weeks ago they released the amazing “Ertesuppe” by Dante Klein, and today Mr. Belt & Wezol’s “Time” was released. “Time” is a true piece of classic house music, and Mr. Belt & Wezol continues to impress!
Buy on Beatport
Mr. Belt & Wezol – Time
Dante Klein – Ertesuppe
2014 has been a great year for the dutch duo, Vicetone. To end the year properly, they put up a year mix with their releases from 2014 and some of their old tunes. Check out the tracklist below and download the mix for FREE.
1) Vicetone vs Alesso & Nadia Ali – Heat Pressure (Vicetone Mashup)
2) Vicetone – No Way Out (ft. Kat Nestel) [PREMIERE]
3) Vicetone & Tony Igy – Astronomia (Original 2014 Mix)
4) Krewella – Enjoy The Ride (Vicetone Remix)
5) Vicetone ft. Chloe Angelides – White Lies (Original Mix)
6) Dillon Francis + Sultan & Ned Shepard – When We Were Young (Vicetone Remix)
7) Vicetone – What I’ve Waited For (ft. D Brown)
8) Vicetone – Lowdown vs. Heartbeat (ft. Collin McLoughlin)
9) Cash Cash – Overtime (Vicetone Remix)
10) Vicetone ft. Jonny Rose – Stars (Kevin Drew Remix)
11) Vicetone – Ensemble (Original Mix)
12) Nicky Romero & Fedde Le Grand ft. Matthew Koma – Sparks (Vicetone Remix)
13) Vicetone & Nicky Romero – Let Me Feel (ft. When We Are Wild)
14) Vicetone – United We Dance (Special Extended Mix UMF Miami 2014)
His album is almost done, but while we still are waiting Arty is giving an early Christmas present to his fans. Personally i have been waiting for “Night Like This” for 2 years now, since it started appearing in 2012 on his live sets. This track is so beautiful and reminds me of some of his early work like “Around The World” and “When I See You” which still remains some of my favorite tracks. You gotta give it to him, Arty always delivers, “No Arty, No Party”.
The talented LA based producer Elephante is on fire these days. Lately he has been releasing a lot of remixes, and his first original called “Shake The Earth”. Elephante is doing the vocals himself on this cover of Bag Raiders popular “Shooting Stars” and also turning it into a progressive banger.
Requests & promotion
- Eric Prydz VS CHVRCHES ‘Tether’
- Deep House is Dope House VII
- Max Vangeli ‘You And Me’
- Freebie Sunday
- Best Of 2014
- Joe Purdy ‘Wash Away (Elkoe Remix)’
- Mr. Belt & Wezol ‘Time’
- Vicetone ’2014 End Of Year Mix’
- Arty ‘Night Like This’
- Elephante ‘Shooting Stars (Bag Raiders Cover)’
- Jack Ü ft. Kiesza ‘Take Ü There Remixes’
- Showtek ’90s By Nature feat. MC Ambush’
- Madeon ft. Kyan ‘You’re On’
- Sander Kleinenberg ft. Gwen McCrae ‘Can You Feel It’
- Eva Shaw ‘Space Jungle (Showtek Edit)’
- Kygo ft. Conrad ‘Firestone’
- Joywave ‘Tongues (Giorgio Moroder Remix)’
- Felix Jaehn ft. Freddy Verano & Linying ‘Shine (Matoma Remix)’
- Thomas Azier ‘Ghost City (KANT Remix)’
- Jacob Plant ‘Louder (Kayliox Remix)’
- Tiesto Ft. DBX ‘Light Years Away (Oliver Heldens Remix)’
- The Sunshine Selection lll
- Axwell and Ingrosso ‘Something New’
- Bakermat ‘Teach Me’
- Michael Calfan ‘Treasured Soul’
- Wyclef ft. Avicii ‘Divine Sorrow’
- Kölsch ‘All That Matters (Kryder Remix)’
- Back on track(s)
- Preview: Dr. Kucho! & Gregor Salto ‘Can’t Stop Playing (Oliver Heldens & Gregor Salto Remix)’
- New World Sound ‘How To Twerk’