I reckon this i the most needed Sunshine Selection yet. The weather in november is always hard to get through, and the month feels like it has twice as many days as any other month. But there is a cure for that; the tropical house industry is blooming these days, with a lot of new artists and tracks seeing the light each day. And of course; The main man Kygo is soon visiting Denmark, and we could be in for a treat, Kygo has been talking about a lot of new stuff coming and you can hear a live preview of his track “Firestone” to be released 1 of december.
Live preview: Kygo – Firestone (ft. Conrad)
Two thirds of SHM is working on their debut album as Axwell and Ingrosso. Last week they released the banging “Can’t Hold Us Down’ and today a new track was premiered by Zane Lowe on BBC radio 1, as “The Hottest Record In The World”. The new track is called “Something New” and has the quality to become just as huge as the old tracks from the Swedish House Mafia. The duo did not waste any time, the track can already be purchased on iTunes. The duo has also been playing an very interesting track in their sets called “Sun Is Shining” featuring Salem Al Fakir and Vincent Pontare if the rumors are true. Both tracks sound so promising and i can’t wait to see what else they have in store for us.
Buy on iTunes
Axwell And Ingrosso – Something New
Axwell and Ingrosso ft. Salem Al Fakir, Vincent Pontare – Sun Is Shining
The tropical house boss Kygo soon in concert in Denmark has made a 1 hour guest mix for his tropical colleague Thomas Jack, for his tropical house series. A mixtape that really helps you through the cold and dark wintertime. Kygo also premieres his new remix of “Dirty Paws” through the mix, listen below and check out the tracklist as well.
1) Bob Marley – Bad Boys
2) Jabberwonky – Pola (The Greek x VRV Remix)
3) Dawn Golden – All I Want (Manilla Killa Remix)
4) Christina Perri – Burning Gold (Autograd Remix)
5) The Police – Walking On The Moon (J-art & Madan Remix)
6) Of Monsters & Men – Dirty Paws (Kygo Remix)
7) San Holo – Hiding (Kav Verhouzer Remix)
8) Kungs ft. Molly – West Coast
9) Dawa – Roll The Dice (Urban Contact Remix)
10) ZHU – Faded (Delcroix & Delatour Remix)
11) Dickystixxx – Make Me Feel Better (Club Mix)
12) Labrinth – Let It Be (The Grades Money Mix)
13) Julian le Play – Rollercoaster (Filous Remix)
14) Finnebassen – If Only You Knew
15) Touch & Go – Gotta Have U
Bakermat quickly became a big name on the scene two years ago, with the amazing Martin Luther King sampled track “One day (Vaandag)”. Now he is back with a track of the same caliber. On “Teach Me” Bakerrmat has used a sample from the gospel singer Shirley Caesar and her choir which gives the track soul and good vibes all the way through. Bakermat also has a beutiful remix of Labrinth coming up, listen below.
Buy on Beatport
Bakermat – Teach Me
Labrinth – Jealous (Bakermat Remix)
When i heard Kryder had remixed the epic Kölsch track with Troels Abrahamsen “All that matters” my first thought was, “You simply don’t touch a track like this”. So from the beginning i was really sceptical, but Kryder has actually done a good job and used many of the elements from the original track. The new clubby, throw your hands in the air drop, somehow fits the soulful vocals very well and you can really hear that Kryder has put a lot of heart and mind into remixing this track. Out soon on Axtone.
Kölsch – All That Matters (Kryder Remix)
The french producer Michael Calfan got his break-through in 2008 when Axwell made an edit of his track “Resurrrection”. Since then he has blessed us with tracks like “No man’s land”, “Let your mind go” and recently “Prelude”. Now he is back on Spinnin’ Records with a track called “Treasured Soul”. The track was one of the most popular tracks at ADE in Holland and it has also been played by Pete Tong himself on BBC Radio 1. “Treasured Soul” is out the 8th of december.
Michael Calfan – Treasured Soul
Avicii is working on a lot of new stuff these days, and soon a we will probably get a release date on his upcoming album called “Stories”. But right now he just released a track with Wyclef Jean, which will be on Wyclef’s upcoming album called “Clefication” and also on (RED) and Coca Cola’s Aids Free Generation album which supports aids research all over the world. Its called “Divine Sorrow” and has a lot of soul and emotions which is pretty rare these days.
Buy on iTunes
Wyclef Jean – Divine Sorrow Ft. Avicii
Long time no see, back in Denmark after months of travelling and ready with new stuff and updates. As the EDM industry works now a days, a lot stuff happens in two mo0nths. Gorgon City came out with a brilliant debut called “Sirens”, Oliver Heldens reached the number 1 spot on Beatport couple of more times, Eric Prydz played an amazing 3 hour set at Madison Square Garden, the DJ Mag popularity contest was revealed at ADE with Hardwell as the winner again and just in the last couple of days, Dirty South and Calvin has released new albums. Down below i give you my favorite tunes throughout the last couple of months, no matter the genre. Besides i can assure you that a lot of new music will appear on the site during the next weeks!
Vicetone – United We Dance
NEW_ID – Aerogames
The Chainsmokers – Kanye (Evan Gartner Touch the Sky Remix)
Alesso – Heroes ft. Tove Lo (AMTRAC REMIX)
FAUL – Something New
Oliver Heldens, Mr. Belt & Wezol – Pikachu
Sam Feldt & Kav Verhouzer – Hot Skin
David Guetta ft. Sam Martin – Dangerous (Robin Schulz Remix Radio Edit)
DubVision & Feenixpawl – Destination (Original)
Galantis – Runaway (U & I)
Knife Party 'Begin Again
The Voyagers Ft. Haris – A Lot Like Love (Oliver Heldens Edit)
Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman – ID2
The artist who has impressed me the most this year is Oliver Heldens and the dutch master is already back with a new track after the chart topping “Koala”. This time he has teamed up with Gregor Salto for a remix of Gregor himself and Dr. Kucho!. Their track “Can’t stop playing” from 2005 has gotten a new funky sound, inspired by the Heldens previous work. The remix is out the 29th of august on Spinnin’ Records.
Dr. Kucho! & Gregor Salto – Can't Stop Playing (Oliver Heldens & Gregor Salto Remix)
It has been an amazing year for the Aussie duo New World Sound. With chart topping tracks like “The Buzz” and “Flute” already under their belt, it seems possible that their newest release “How To Twerk” could be the next in line. The build up has soulful vocals accompanied by some piano before the heavy-bass drop.
Buy on Beatport
New World Sound – How To Twerk
Requests & promotion
- The Sunshine Selection lll
- Axwell and Ingrosso ‘Something New’
- Thomas Jack Presents ‘Kygo – Tropical House Vol.6′
- Bakermat ‘Teach Me’
- Preview: Kölsch ‘All That Matters (Kryder Remix)’
- Preview: Michael Calfan ‘Treasured Soul’
- Wyclef ft. Avicii ‘Divine Sorrow’
- Back on track(s)
- Preview: Dr. Kucho! & Gregor Salto ‘Can’t Stop Playing (Oliver Heldens & Gregor Salto Remix)’
- New World Sound ‘How To Twerk’
- Jay Hardway & Mike Hawkins ‘Freedom’
- Deorro vs MAKJ ‘READY!’
- Fasttrack & Maulen ‘Raveheart’
- Porter Robinson ‘Worlds’
- The Sunshine Selection ll
- Deorro ft. DyCy ‘Five Hours (Don’t Hold Me Back)’
- Pryda ’028 EP’
- Oliver Heldens ‘Koala’
- Deorro & D!rty Aud!o ft. iE-z ‘Hit It’
- Michael Jackson ‘Slave To The Rythm (Audien Remix)’
- The Aston Shuffle ‘Tear It Down (NEW_ID Remix)’
- Preview: Alesso ‘Nothing Can Stop Us Now’
- The Weeknd ‘Often (Kygo Remix)’
- Secondcity ft. Ali Love ‘What Can I Do’
- The Sunshine Selection
- MØ ‘Walk This Way (KANT Remix)’
- Steve Angello feat. Doughy from The Temper Tramp “Wasted Love”
- Interview with Martin Garrix
- Third Party ‘Everyday of My Life’
- Otto Knows ‘Parachute’